Wednesday, June 10, 2009

♥ Busy With Building Backyard Steps ♥




My hubby is great, he isn't afraid to tackle anything except electric he will not do, bad experience when he was younger. I guess working in construction most of his life has something to do with him being so handy. We had a deck which we resurfaced about 10 years but with the sun that beats on it all day the material didn't hold up well and buckled, it was a trek composite material. It was good for about 6 years of the ten thou. Last spring he resurfaced our front step which came great so we decided we are going to knock down the deck and make steps to match the front. This is the work in progress can't wait til it's all done, hopefully our weather will start being nice, can't do concrete in the rain. As you could see we are making the steps alot smaller than our deck was, now I can make my garden next to house and fence it off instead of in the back of yard, and hope the animals don't eat before we do. As you can see the dog already marked his spot on new steps.




6 comments:

Metalicious said...

YAY! Finally some pictures, it looks good so far. The pup is adorable, too. Can't wait for you to make a garden!

Made By Tammy said...

I can't wait to see it when it's done. It's going to look Fantastic! The puppy is so cute too!

Beadsme said...

I like to see more please.

Leah said...

Can I borrow your hubby for a week or two? We have some home improvement projects I could really use a hand with ;)

SendingLoveGallery said...

You're lucky to have a guy who follows through on projects!

rachellucie said...

well done you (and hubby of course!) reminds me I should post some of my back garden which is being paved too!

great blog, nice to see you xx